Club Update - 11th March 2021
Given the continued success of the Covid-19 vaccination programme, the club remains optimistic that outdoor tennis courts will be able to reopen from 29th March, although we do recognise that final approval from the government will only be given one week prior to this date.
Whilst the relevant bodies are still in discussion with some of the aspects regarding the opening of tennis venues, we wanted to share the following with members, should the courts be allowed to open.
- Singles and doubles play is now permitted with people from outside of your household, as long as members remain 2 metres apart as far as possible. No more than six people can meet up to play together on court.
- Members must continue to book tennis courts via our online booking system and you must play only on the court booked. Details of all individuals playing on the court must be entered when making the booking. Please do not turn up to play if you have not booked a court.
- The clubhouse is only open for toilet access and for operating the floodlights. A face covering must be worn when entering the clubhouse. The kitchen facilities remain closed and must not be used.
- Individual coaching will resume as well as formally organised group sessions and group coaching. The coaching team will be providing members with a full update on their coaching programme shortly, as well as setting out their coaching protocols for returning to court.
- Session coordinators will continue to run the club sessions on Tuesday morning, Tuesday evening, Thursday morning and Saturday afternoon. All members in attendance at club session must continue to maintain social distancing and adhere to the club rules.
- Any member bringing a guest to the club is responsible for informing their guest of the rules and procedures in place at the club. We would politely remind members that the club must be notified of all guests present on court and all guest fees should be paid promptly.
- Spectating is not permitted except for arent/guardian supervision of junior members where one person per player is permitted.
- All members will be using the courts, benches and the clubhouse at their own risk.
- We cannot stress enough how important it is that social distancing be maintained before, during and after play for all activity at the club. No socialising is permitted before or after activity on court.
Following the re-opening of the club the committee’s primary focus will continue to be the safety and health of our members. The club will continue to operate using our ‘Covid-19 Return to Play’ rules. Please note that these may be subject to change as further guidance is issued. These will be displayed on our main gate entrances to the courts.
These measures are in place at the club to protect us all. All members must continue to respect the rules that have been introduced at the club and the guidelines issued by the government. We ask all members to be considerate of each other and follow the guidance in place. If a member has any concerns about safety, please do not hesitate to contact the club immediately.
Again, we cannot stress how important it is that all members continue to heed the government's advice if you are showing any of the symptoms associated with Covid-19.
Lastly, we can also confirm that renewal notices, containing fee information, will be sent out to members towards the end of next week.
We are very much looking forward to seeing members back on court. Let’s keep our fingers crossed that the weather is kind to us.